SonyUserforum

SonyUserforum (https://www.sonyuserforum.de/forum/index.php)
-   Blitzgeräte und Beleuchtung (https://www.sonyuserforum.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Adapter 5400xi/hs -> 7D - User mit Lötkolben gesucht ;-) (https://www.sonyuserforum.de/forum/showthread.php?t=31506)

littlelamb 11.06.2009 14:19

Zitat:

Zitat von sebi (Beitrag 841480)
Hi littlelamb,

wirf mal einen Blick auf die Website, die Änderungen an der Schaltung sowie die neue Software sind seit gestern online. Im .tar.gz ist auch eine Hexdatei (rom.hex) enthalten, die man gleich flashen kann - es gibt ja keine unterschiedlichen Versionen mehr. Man muss dann nur darauf achten, dass die Fuses korrekt gesetzt werden (stehen im Makefile). Und das ist natürlich die wireless-Version, nachprogrammieren geht dann nicht mehr.

Grüße,
Sebi

Hallo Sebi,
in Deinem tar File gibt es neben der rom.hex auch eine eeprom.hex , muß die auch in den tiny25 programiert werden? Danke.

Grüße
littlelamb

littlelamb 21.06.2009 20:26

Hallo sebi,

ich versuch gerade einen Tiny25 zu programmieren, aber ich komm mit den Fuses im AVRStudio nicht klar.:zuck:
Lt. Deinem makefile sollte die Fuses folgendermaßen gesetzt sein:
Lowfuse: 0xe2
Highfuse: 0xe5 (wireless enabled) oder 0xdf wireless disabled

mit diesen Werten ist aber auch
- brown out disabled
- int. osc 8Mhz 6CK/14CK+64ms

Das widerspricht aber den Angaben die Du zum Tiny13 gemacht hast :roll:

Es wäre eine große Hilfe, wenn Du die notwendigen Fuses für den Tiny25 beim avrStudio nochmals exakt anführen könntest. Ich glaub ich hab mich ein bisschen verrannt.:oops:

Danke
littlelamb

ge1ge 23.06.2009 06:42

nur so ein Tipp:
Fuse-Bit gesetzt heißt Bit ist 0 (also nicht 1, kommt daher, da nicht programmiertes Bit normalerweise 1 ist)

Ich hoffe, das hilft Dir weiter

sebi 23.06.2009 06:46

Moin,

Zitat:

Zitat von littlelamb (Beitrag 854045)
Hallo sebi,

ich versuch gerade einen Tiny25 zu programmieren, aber ich komm mit den Fuses im AVRStudio nicht klar.:zuck:
Lt. Deinem makefile sollte die Fuses folgendermaßen gesetzt sein:
Lowfuse: 0xe2
Highfuse: 0xe5 (wireless enabled) oder 0xdf wireless disabled

Nö. Die Fuses sind low: 0xe2 und high: 0x5f:

avrdude $(DUDEFLAGS) -U lfuse:w:0x36:m -U flash:w:rom.bin:r -U eeprom:w:eeprom.hex -U lfuse:w:0xe2:m -U hfuse:w:0x5f:m

Die erste lfuse ist eigentlich überflüssig, aber irgendwie klappte bei mir das Programmieren so besser (0x36).

Das nowl-Target habe ich mit der HSS-Version nie wirklich ausprobiert, aber eigentlich ändert sich nur die highfuse um das RSTDISBL-Bit. Beim nowl-Target ist lfuse gleich, hfuse wird zu 0xdf, das könnte passen, hab´s jetzt aber nicht nachgeschlagen.

Sebi

mszulc 16.07.2009 22:48

Hi.

Sorry for writting in english - but I'm not good at German... Hope this will be no problem.

I've tested new version of minolta flash converter (hss version) with Sony A100 + 5400HSS flash. The same camera and flash have been previously used with Tiny13 version of converter (0.9.8) with excellent results.

I've tried different builds of HSS software made for Alpha (#define CAM_ALPHA), D7D (#define CAM_D7D) and D5D (#define CAM_D5D). All of them were tested with and without wireless support - however since I don't have HV programmer wireless fuses were not set and RESET line was not connected. Once more - all builds were tested on the same A100 camera.

OK, let's talk about results:

Best version is D7D build. All pictures taken with flash set to HSS (regardless if camera was set to hss or no-hss mode) were good (only shots with 1/320 and 1/250 were a little too dark - maybe 0.5EV). This was quite odd - for shutter speeds below 1/160 camera was set to no-hss but flash still remained in HSS mode - and it worked well.
But if I turned hss off on the flash - all pictures taken were too bright and no preflash was fired.

D5D build was quite similar to D7D one while shooting with shutter speeds above 1/125. From 1/125 below all pictures were too bright. If flash was set to HSS mode - preflash was fired (for all shutter speeds tested). If flash was set to noHSS mode - no preflash at all.

A100 build was the ugliest one. It worked like D5D build, but there were huge differences in exposure between different shutter speeds - approx. +/- 1.5EV.

Sebi - do You have any explanation of this? Is there any chance to debug the issue? I Can help with tests...

regards
Maciej Szulc

sebi 17.07.2009 07:23

Hi mszulc,

your findings are correct and there is nothing to debug.

First, the new verison is not camera specific anymore. So there´s no need for different settings such as 7D, 5D and so on. So you are right, only the 7D values are valid and so it´s no wonder these gives best results. All other values can be removed.

As for the HSS thing, the new software uses an HSS preflash always. This is why the preflash timing is not critical as it was for the old verison. But if you disable HSS on the flash, this won´t work anymore. No preflas, wrong exposure. That´s it.

However, even when using HSS for preflash, the main flash will be a normal one when using shutter speeds below 1/160s. So I don´t see any problem here. You can safely disable HSS by setting the cam to a lower speed. Even for P mode, the cam doesn´t automatically select HSS speeds, at least the 7D does not.

So yes, disabling HSS on the flash means non-working TTL. This could only be fixed by using the same preflash as with the old version, which also means a camera-specific software. No good.

As for the 0,5EV on 1/250 and 1/350 shutter speeds, I can´t do anything about it. It´s pure Minolta measuring in HSS mode (in fact, the HSS protocol itself didn´t change from 5400HS to 5600HS, just Minolta disabled it!), and I don´t see a possibility to correct it without changeing the exposure at all.

Regards,
Sebi

mszulc 17.07.2009 11:21

Sebbi,

Thanks for clarification - and Your great work.

Photos taken with D7D settings on A100 with speeds below 160 (no-HSS) are generally -0,5 EV (darker) than when taken in real HSS mode.

>As for the HSS thing, the new software uses an HSS preflash always. This is why the
> preflash timing is not critical as it was for the old verison. But if you disable HSS on the
> flash, this won´t work anymore. No preflas, wrong exposure. That´s it.

There's only one more problem - when flash is not in "front" position (i mean: deflected from normal front position - set to left/right/upper) it disables HSS mode by itself. So - every picture taken while flash is deflected is way to underexposed (even that I can see preflash fired - there are two flahes: strong preflash and very weak main flash).
This can be compensated by setting flash +2 and exposure +1 in camera - but obviously it breaks photos taken with flash not defected.

I tried to dig a little with const settings.
If I copy PREFLASH_US 5 values from A100 section to D7D and rebuild software - this resolves issues with flash bounced. Unfortunatelly (but I'm not 100% sure) with this mod no-HSS shots (speed below 160) are even darker (-1.5 EV) than before mod. True HSS (>125) are still OK.

Is there any solution for this?

> However, even when using HSS for preflash, the main flash will be a normal one when
> using shutter speeds below 1/160s. So I don´t see any problem here.

And there is one more issue: range of flash. If camera is set to ISO100, 50mm/2.8, 1/125 range for normal flash on lcd is shown as 0.7-14 meters, while in HSS mode with same settings 1.2-7.0 meters. If main flash is normal one (as You have written) does it mean that flash is showing incorrect range, or the range is really decreased in this pseudo-HSS mode?

And once mode - thanks for hard job.

Maciej

derJahn 12.08.2009 17:41

Hallo.
Ich habe heute meinen Adapter von Sebi bekommen, natürlich gleich eingebaut.
War ein bißchen Fummelei, aber dank der guten Anleitung kein Problem.
Ausprobiert -> geht einwandfrei.

Kamera: KoMi D5D, Blitz Minolta 3500xi.

Vielen Dank für den Adapter an Sebi und alle, die mitgeholfen haben, das Ding auf die Beine zu stellen.

Grüße
Rolf

Alison 17.08.2009 13:31

Hi,
vergebt mir, wenn es irgendwo in den 678 Einträgen zuvor schon steht, aber funktioniert der Blitz nach dem Umbau auch auf der Alpha 900? Ich meine nix mit wireless, einfach direkt auf der Kamera.
Gruß, Alison

yammat 21.08.2009 19:24

Hallo Leute.

Ich habe meinen Blitz (5400HS) vor kurzem von Sebi umbauen lassen. Soweit funktioniert alles eigentlich sehr gut. Nur ein Problem: Nachdem man ein paarmal geblitzt hat erkennt die Kamera den Blitz nicht mehr. Erst nach dem öffnen und wieder schließen des Batteriefaches erkennt die Kamera den Blitz wieder.
Ich habe schon alle Kontakte (Batteriefach und Blitzschuh von Kamera und Blitz) mehrmals mit Kontaktspray bearbeitet - es bringt nichts :(.

Ich bin langsam echt am verzweifeln :cry:. Wer kennt das Problem und hat es behoben??? Bitte helft mir!!!

Grüße Mathias

Alle Zeitangaben in WEZ +1. Es ist jetzt 13:17 Uhr.