Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 20.08.2017, 21:45   #23
herby1961

Problem with ILCE-9 Firmware 1.01

Hello all,

i write in english as the author of the software not speaking german.

I get the new script with the hints in the first posting also running with python 2.7 on the mac. All worked ok with the new ILCE-9 until i upgraded the firmware to v1.01. Then the script chrashed with an error at line:

Code:
ydiff =  int(exif.get('Sony Image Height'))
after investigation and running the exiftool on command line i found out that in the firmware of the ILCE-9 there are two "Sony Image Height" entries. In v1.00 both have the same value "4000"

But in the v1.01 version the second entry have "n.a". As the script writes each entry of the exiftool in a table with "tag,value" pair the second "Sony Image height" TAG overwrites the first and the line "ydiff =...." cannot work with this value.

When i change the code to:

Code:
ydiff =  int(exif.get('Exif Image Height'))
which have the same value in my raw images as "Sony Image Height" should have, so it work with this workaround.

The problem is only with RAW images. JPEG work fine.

I will write tomorrow the author of the exiftool and sk-hardwire to explain the behavior of the exifdata in ILCE-9 v1.01.

This behavior is on both windows and macOS. tested with exiftools 1.50, 1.60 and 1.61.

Second problem is that script crashes with detected faces. But only when the script is running on macOS. Windows is fine. I will investigate this problem the next days when i have time.

regards
Herby