Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 18.03.2018, 14:42   #214
EdPro

Auf Amazon.com findet sich auch eine kritische (aber m.E. durchaus ehrliche) Rezension, bei der das 18-135 mit dem 18-105 verglichen wird:

"Update: It is still a remarkable lens for its weight and size, however I just sent back my second copy...not because it's a bad lens, just I get a bit more bang for my buck with the 18-105. I reexamine my pictures from my 18-105 recently and the pictures in quality and sharpness are pretty close to this lens. However, after much thought, I decided that the 18-105 is over all a better lens. Here's why:

First, it can do awesome video. Now I only do video 2 or 3 times a year, but the stills are so close to the 18-135, it's nice to have that option.

Secondly, is the cost. I notice the 18-105 seems to retain its value whereas I predict that the 18-135 will eventually go now to the $350-450 price later this year and become a kit lens. It is overpriced at the moment.

Thirdly, and this is big for me...I didn't realize how much I would miss the constant f-stop of 4. For video, if you ever zoom out while filming, the lighting changes. Also, when taking stills, the picture gets darker when zoomed out. Now I know you can adjust for that in various ways, but I was constantly editing those pictures to a greater degree. I didn't realize how much I missed the constant f stop of 4.

Fourthly, the shots just seemed cleaner. Not really sure of the correct description for this, but just appears to be better quality.

So in my opinion, the 18-105 over all for the price, quality and what it can do, plus losing its value slowly...seems like the far better purchase."